The coax tweeter concentric to the woofer of the MPX 165.3 car audio coaxial speakers allows for one single linear-phase emission point, for a natural timbre providing a detailed sound stage. Thanks to the “Center Tuning Duct” geometry, the tweeter resonance frequency is especially lowand the employment of damping materials for the inside provides for a linear acoustic emission. The acoustic lens optimizes its off-axis response, which is typical with door installation of coax speakers; besides, the 36 mm diameter woofer generates deep and controlled bass frequencies.
Grille – (Optional)
1. CONCENTRIC COAXIAL TWEETER: built in the woofer voice coil, achieving one single point of emission, to re-create the virtual sound-stage like in live music performances.
2. TWEETER SUPPORT WORKING AS A REAR CHAMBER: sized for low Fs, to ensure a well damped high pass frequency roll-off, allowing low cut-off frequency crossover point.
3. 36 MM PURE COPPER WOOFER VOICE COIL: wound on a Polyamide former, for outstanding power handling and dynamic compression-free reproduction.
4. PRESSED-PULP CONE WITH COTTON FIBERS: combining stiffness and lightweight for a wide frequency response. Cone profile geometrically refined to perfectly match with the tweeter emission ensuring phase consistency in the crossover area.
5. “BOUNDARY FREE” RUBBER SURROUND: for improved efficiency and wider midbass frequency. (Logo Boundary Free)
6. OVER-SIZED FERRITE MAGNET: combined with very low carbon content iron plates, for low distortion at high power levels.
7. BASKET: low mounting depth, acoustically transparent aluminium alloy basket with elegant diamond cutting and featuring the aluminium Hertz logo.
8. ANTI-VIBRATION RUBBER MAGNET COVER: to damp spurious vibrations.
BOUNDARY FREE SURROUND
This technology provides the ability to achieve wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure. This special surround is built from highly pure IIR butyl rubber, ensuring extraordinary thermal and mechanical linearity.
- Power Handling – Peak W 200
- Power Handling – Continuous W 100
- Impedance Ω 4
- Frequency response Hz 45 ÷ 21,5k
- Sensitivity dB SPL 92
- Woofer size mm (in.) 165 (6.5)
- Tweeter size mm (in.) 25 (1)
- Woofer Voice Coil Ø mm (in.) 36 (1.42)
- Tweeter voice coil Ø mm (in.) 20 (0.8)
- Woofer magnet High density flux ferrite
- Tweeter magnet Neodymium
- Woofer cone Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers
- Tweeter dome Tetolon